Learn and Implement a Worry-Free-Risk-Management Program!
How to prevent Legionnaires' Disease?
1. You must know about Legionella and Cooling Tower Systems. It explains why Blue Heron emphasizes training. To avoid accidents in an industrial plant, workers need training. To prevent a Legionnaires Disease outbreak, you need the same.
2. ASHRAE Standard 188 « Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems » guides us to implement a program of prevention through steps like building a multidisciplinary team and designing a system schematic because it is the whole system operation that we must manage not only the cooling tower.
3. To manage the risk, you must :
• identify the risk;
• treat the risk, eliminate or reduce it.
4. You must write a program of activities to do to avoid an outbreak.
5. You must validate the program to prove that you did what you have programmed and that your program is efficient in controlling Legionella.
6. You must keep records and document all your activities to prove that you haven't been negligent in managing the risk
Of course, this is simplified to make it easy to understand, but it is true: to prevent legionnaires' Disease, you need a Risk Management Program. You cannot simply say: « I have water treatments and a good maintenance program.» If so, you may get into trouble like many before.
To help you avoid a painful experience, Blue Heron has prepared a Worry-Free-Risk-Management Program for you, presented during the webinar « Learn how to prevent Legionnaires' Disease in one single webinar. So, keep learning and register for the webinar by clicking on the button below!